College Access Program (CAP)
2017 Dates Coming Soon!
The College Access Program (CAP) is a three-week summer enrichment residential program for first-generation college students or students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The program is open to 9th and 10th graders who have completed their high school academic year. Students must be completing their freshman or sophomore year in high school when applying (e.g., only rising sophomores and juniors are eligible). Students must have a minimum 2.75 GPA and course work which will prepare them for college.
During the three–week pre-college program you will:
- Discover the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Get a head start on your preparation for college
- Practice problem–solving skills you will need to succeed academically in college
- Work with college instructors on projects that will help develop your writing skills
- Learn how math and science are used to solve real–world problems
- Experience living in University Housing
CAP Overview (English)
CAP Overview (Spanish/Español)
CAP Overview (Hmong/Hmoob)
Follow CAP on Facebook: