Faculty Distinguished Achievement Awards
Distinguished Achievement Awards are given each year to faculty members who have made particularly significant contributions in teaching, research, and service to the School of Education during their careers.
Recipients will receive a $1,000 cash award, made possible by gifts from the Charles Read Recognition Fund.
View list of previous recipients
- Faculty members nominated for the award must have their tenure home in the School of Education
- The nominee must have been on the faculty at UW-Madison for at least five years
- Each department is encouraged to submit one faculty member for consideration – any faculty or staff member or any student may submit a nomination
An application package* consists of the following items:
*Nominations remain active for two years beyond the year of submission
- Letter of Nomination that explains why the nominee deserves the award
- Nominee’s complete vita - nominees are expected to have made contributions and demonstrated continued excellence in each of the three areas of teaching, research, and service
- Letter(s) of support (at least ONE, but no more than THREE)
- Neither the Dean nor any member of the review committee may nominate or write letters of support
- The most effective letters of support will come from persons familiar with the nominee’s work and will contain a detailed analysis of why the person’s work merits recognition
NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FRIDAY, MARCH 10 AT 5 P.M.
Please submit nominations in one of the following ways:
- Online nomination form (upload digital files of supporting documents)
- Email to Public Relations Coordinator Jody Moen
- Mail or deliver to:
School of Education External Relations Office
Attn: Jody Moen
181 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Review & Selection
All nominations will be reviewed by a committee comprised of previous award winners and chaired by an associate dean in the School of Education. Recipients will be invited to a school-wide awards ceremony on Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Contact Jody Moen, email@example.com or 608.265.7875