Dick & Julie Daly Award for Education Student Staff Achievement
The Dick and Julie Daly Award for Education Student Staff Achievement recognizes the critical roles that student hourlies serve within the School’s community.
Student hourlies have a dual role as students who benefit from services and as staff who contribute to the quality of those services. This award is given annual to a student hourly worker employed by service units in the School of Education who best exemplify that dual role. The recipient receives a $500 cash award.
These service units include, but are not limited to the Career Center, Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC), Center on Education and Work (CEW), College Access Program (CAP), the Dean’s Office (including the Dean’s Office, Business Office, External Relations Office and Information Technology Office), Education Academic Services (EAS), Educational and Psychological Training Center (EPTC), Media, Education Resources and Information Technology (MERIT), Education Outreach & Partnerships (EOP), Student Diversity Programs, Testing and Evaluation and WISCAPE.
View previous recipients
- Recipient must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student or, if in their final semester of coursework, be enrolled in a minimum of six credits
- Recipient must be employed as a student hourly in one of the designated units
- Shows a sustained contribution to the School by employment of four months or more
- Presents a positive image of the School through the excellence of his/her work
- Demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, excellent customer service, or other activities that go beyond the ordinary expectations of his/her role as a student hourly
Nominations* should include:
- A letter of nomination, submitted by a unit supervisor, which indicates how the nominee exemplifies excellence as a School of Education student hourly
- Up to two letters of support from those who have benefited from the contributions of the nominee are encouraged.
*Nominations will remain valid for one year only - individuals may be nominated multiple times
NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FRIDAY, MARCH 10 AT 5 P.M.
Please submit nominations in one of the following ways:
- Online nomination form (upload digital files of supporting documents)
- Email to Public Relations Coordinator Jody Moen
- Mail or deliver to:
School of Education External Relations Office
Attn: Jody Moen
181 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Review & Selection
All nominations will be reviewed by a committee comprised of previous award winners and chaired by an associate dean in the School of Education. Recipients will be invited to a school-wide awards ceremony on Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Contact Jody Moen, firstname.lastname@example.org