The School of Education’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee (EDIC) promotes the goals of equity, diversity, and inclusion by considering and making recommendations that promote an equitable and inclusive culture within the School. Under the leadership of the associate dean for equity, diversity, and inclusion, the general responsibility of this committee is to advise the associate dean on issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion for School faculty, staff, and students.
The charge of the committee is to provide:
- A forum for sharing information across the School of Education regarding programs, policies, practices, and activities that promote equity-mindedness and inclusive working and learning environments, including data on school-wide demographics, climate surveys, and program effectiveness.
- Input, coordination, and collaboration on equity and inclusion efforts and communication plans about equity, diversity, and inclusion in the School.
- Planning and feedback regarding the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion’s goals, objectives, and strategic implementation plan, related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A mechanism to support School departments and units in developing tools, policies, and practices to guide and assess their equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts in accordance with the strategic priorities of the School of Education.
- Support for the associate dean in his efforts to be responsive to students, staff, and faculty regarding issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Dr. LaVar J. Charleston, Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Representatives from School departments and units
The EDIC shall meet once a month during the academic year.
The EDIC shall form subcommittees as needed to work on desired aspects of the committee’s charge.
Any questions about this committee should be directed to: Justin Brown, EDI Program Associate, Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (email@example.com).
Roster for the 2018–2019 academic year
- LaVar Charleston (Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion), Chair
- Justin Brown (Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion), Administrative Support
- Zhe An
- Miranda Zahn
- Li-Ching Ho (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Colleen Conroy (Theatre & Drama)
- Carolyn Kelley (Dean’s Office)
- KT Horning
- Kristy Kelly
- Christina Klawitter
- Beth Larson
- Kathryn Moeller
- Mindi Thompson
- Jordan Marie Mickey
- Chris Walker
- Earlise Ward
- Sarah Archibald
- Shahanna McKinney-Baldon (WCER)