Distinguished Achievement Awards are given each year to faculty members who have made particularly significant contributions in teaching, research, and service to the School of Education during their careers. Recipients will receive a monetary award, made possible by gifts from the Charles Read Recognition Fund.
- Faculty members nominated for the award must have their tenure home in the School of Education
- The nominee must have been on the faculty at UW–Madison for at least five years
- Each department is encouraged to submit one faculty member for consideration – any faculty or staff member or any student may submit a nomination
An application package* consists of the following:
- Letter of Nomination that explains why the nominee deserves the award
- Nominee’s complete vita – nominees are expected to have made contributions and demonstrated continued excellence in each of the three areas of teaching, research, and service
- Letter(s) of support (at least one, no more than three)
- Neither the Dean nor any member of the review committee may nominate or write letters of support
- The most effective letters of support will come from persons familiar with the nominee’s work and will contain a detailed analysis of why the person’s work merits recognition
*Nominations remain active for two years beyond the year of submission.
Review and Selection
All nominations will be reviewed by a committee of School of Education peers. Award recipients and their guests are invited to attend a school-wide awards ceremony on April 14, 2022.
Contact Event Manager Shaun Huffman