Seven UW–Madison students pursuing degrees within the School of Education received a Leadership Certificate from the Center for Leadership and Involvement during the 2020-21 academic year.
The students who were recognized, and their fields of study, include:
- Shehrose Charania, Health Promotion and Health Equity
- Helen Gittrich, Elementary Education
- Katherine Hoskins, Education Studies and Psychology
- Alexandra Maniscalco, Special Education
- Sydney Novak, Kinesiology
- Savanna Roeder, Elementary Education
- Ally Siegert, Athletic Training
Since its creation in 2002, the Leadership Certificate Program has served both to encourage and recognize leadership accomplishments by UW–Madison students. In order to achieve the Leadership Certificate, applicants must complete 100 hours of leadership involvement, complete a series of online modules in Global and Cultural Competence and Leadership Studies, maintain good academic standing, and write a series of essays reflecting on what they have learned as a result of their leadership experiences.
In total, 130 Leadership Certificate recipients were recognized by the Center for Leadership and Involvement this year. View a full list of Leadership Certificate recipients in fall 2020 and spring 2021.