Excelling both on the field of play and in the classroom, several students pursuing degrees within the School of Education were among the 68 UW–Madison student-athletes competing in winter sports who were named to the 2020-21 Academic All-Big Ten all-conference team.
In total, the Big Ten Conference honored 1,130 students on winter sports rosters with the Academic All-Big Ten distinction.
To be eligible for Academic All-Big Ten selection, students must be on a varsity team, as verified by being on the official squad list as of March 1 for winter sports, have been enrolled full-time at the institution for a minimum of 12 months, and carry a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
Shining in the classroom, two UW–Madison students pursuing degrees within the School of Education were recognized for maintaining a perfect 4.0 grade-point average:
- D’Mitrik Trice, Gr., Men’s Basketball, Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Carmen Backes, Jr., Women’s Basketball, Health Promotion and Health Equity and Communication Sciences
Following are all of the UW–Madison student-athletes recognized on the team who are pursuing degrees within the School of Education:
- Trevor Anderson, Gr., Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, Stevens Point, Wis.
- Micah Potter, Gr., Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, Mentor, Ohio
- D’Mitrik Trice, Gr., Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, Huber Heights, Ohio
- Carmen Backes, Jr., Health Promotion and Health Equity and Communication Sciences and Disorders, Lindstrom, Minn.
- Alex Luehring, Jr., Rehabilitation Psychology, Verona, Wis.
- Sara Stapleton, So., Rehabilitation Psychology, Blaine, Minn.
- Tara Stauffacher, So., Kinesiology, Columbus, Wis.
Women’s Swimming and Diving
- Alana Palmer, Jr., Kinesiology, Lincoln, Neb.
- Devin Bahr, RS-Jr., Rehabilitation Psychology, La Crosse, Wis.
- Kyle Burwick, RS-Fr., Physical Education, Hettinger, N.D.
- Trey Escobar, RS-Fr., Art, Peoria, Ariz.
- Jared Krattiger, RS-So., Rehabilitation Psychology and Health Promotion and Health Equity, Waterford, Wis.
Overall, Wisconsin totals 176 student-athletes who have earned Academic All-Big Ten honors during the 2020-21 academic year across fall and winter sports. Spring and at-large sports will be announced in June.
Learn about all of the honorees on the Academic All-Big Ten team, here.